Gluco-Lyte (5 x 40 g sachets)
A rehydration formula that helps to replace electrolytes in the body.
Gluco-Lyte helps treat dehydration caused by diarrhoea, vomiting and other illnesses, vigorous exercise or heat exhaustion.
Maintaining hydration is key to treating diarrhoea. You lose a lot of sodium, chloride, potassium, water and bicarbonate from your body, resulting in dehydration.
Gluco-Lyte also replaces lost body salts as well as fluid. It quenches the thirst better and quicker than plain water or other non-electrolyte drinks.
Each 40 g Sachet Contains:
- Sodium Chloride 320 mg
- Potassium Chloride 980 mg
- Sodium Citrate 1.11 g
Each sachet dissolved in 600 mL of water provides an Isotonic solution equivalent to 0.96% of Sodium Chloride.
For oral replacement of electrolytes for a person suffering from moderate dehydration:
- Very young infants: 200-300 mL per day.
- Infants to 1 year: 600 mL per day.
- Children 1 to 6 years: 1200-1800 mL per day.
- Children over 6 years to Adults: 2400-4000 mL per day.
- Dissolve the contents of one sachet of Gluco-Lyte in 600 mL of boiled and cooled water.
- Mild Dehydration: Due to diarrhoea, vomiting and high continuous fever: Drink between 600 mL and 1200 mL of the solution per day.
If diarrhoea persists in adults and children over 6 years, for greater than 48 hours seek medical advice.
If diarrhoea persists in children between 3 to 6 years, for greater than 24 hours seek medical advice.
If diarrhoea persists in children under 3 years, for greater than 12 hours seek medical advice.
- Heat Fatigue: Make the solution as above and drink instead of other fluids.
Did you know?
- Replaces electrolytes quickly and effectively
- Prevents dehydration and restores fluid loss due to diarrhoea, vomiting and gastroenteritis
- Helps replace water and body salts, such as sodium and potassium, after excessive perspiration
- Contains therapeutic levels of glucose and electrolytes
- Pleasant tasting
- Suitable for use during pregnancy and lactation
- Suitable for persons of any age
- Useful as a refreshing drink for sports people, athletes, manual workers, active children… anytime where excessive perspiration leads to a lack of energy